Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Angels Make Sure That Our Hearts Are Devoured, Make Us Jump From The Eiffel Tower

August 16, 2010

Since I have been to Paris twice before, I feel not the need to see too many touristy spots (although surely there are many, many that I have not yet seen), and much for free to just relax, which is what I've been doing here.

I enjoyed on Monday doing laundry (FINALLY -- SERIOUSLY THAT SITUATION WAS READY TO BE TAKEN CARE OF!), and eating toasted baguette jam and butter and coffee, even though it was raining outside. Jeez Louise it's been raining everywhere I go!

For our one touristy event of the day, we went to the Pere-Lachaise cemetery, where many famous people are buried. Which did we see?: Oscar Wilde, Edith Piaf, Jim Morrison, Richard Wright. Here's a photo in front of Oscar Wilde's grave:
(see it was raining)
Then we went to Gare du Nord to buy me a ticket for Barcelona on Thursday.

Later we went to dinner at a Mexican place in the Marais, and then sangria nearby. There was a tap class taking place next door. The class used umbrellas.

Julien wants me to make it clear that I'm having a super good time in Paris so far, even though I got really sick Monday night -- diagnosis unknown, and I'm better now -- and it is true that I am, having a really good time, that is.

Jens Lekman -- Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment