Saturday, September 11, 2010

Steady repetition is a compulsion mutually reinforced.

September 9, 2010

I had another quiet day for my second day back in Zurich. I spent much of the morning relaxing, responding to email, updating blog, before heading out for the day.

Of which the first few hours were spent reading Girl With the Dragon Tattoo at Le Pain Cotidian over a healthy bowl of granola (with fruit) and two bowls of coffee. This book is quite engaging, even for me, one who does not typically read mysteries.

I took a long walk along Lake Zurich, slightly hoping that I would make it all the way around --until I read on Wikipedia that the lake is 25 miles long. Not going to happen. Pretty walk, people sitting by the lake. I was happy.

Took the tram from the Zurich city limits to the end of the line, and then halfway back (was mostly just looking for a place to sit and read). Stopped at the Sternan Grill for a hamburger, and finished the book.

And walked to a theatre to watch the movie Inception, which I liked. I enjoyed all of the actors, and although the movie didn't have much of a point, the point that it did have was mostly the same as that of the Matrix, and I thought this was a far, far superior film, especially in the script department. Not a classic, but I would definitely watch it on HBO. But 18 dollars for the ticket? Insane!

R.E.M. -- 9-9

No comments:

Post a Comment